In his book, Vibrational Medicine, Dr. Richard Gerber explains: “…human beings are, to some extent, living crystals. Certain aspects of the human energy system have the same transformational properties as natural quartz crystals. When one uses natural quartz crystals to heal the body, energy transference occurs partly because of a resonance effect between the quartz crystal and those cellular crystal systems with quartz-like properties. These same biocrystalline elements amplify certain aspects of the life force in special energy circuits that run throughout the body. Biocrystalline systems are intimately involved with mediating the input of higher vibrational energies into the body.”
The lymph system, pineal gland, fatty tissues, cell salts, and blood cells are all bio-crystalline in nature. Crystals and gemstones can resonate with these liquid crystals in the body. Healing stones can communicate information to the bio-crystalline structure within the cells to encourage rejuvenation of the body. This can be accomplished by placing stones on the Chakras (see Crystals for the Chakras), wearing the jewelry or necklace pouch, or by placing them around the body.
Crystals and gemstones are much more than tools for healing and meditation. Crystals are alive and deserve the same respect as all forms of life. Some Native American cultures refer to them as the “Stone People.” You can also call on the crystal’s guide to assist you in your healing. It is important to honor and respect the crystals we are entrusted with and in return, give the Earth gratitude for the beautiful stones. Some crystals miss their homes and were mined abruptly. Cleanse your crystals and communicate with it your intent to use it for only healing energy. Make it feel cozy–give it a nice shelf or velvet pouch to rest in. All crystals are beneficial, regardless of how “pretty” they appear. Use the ones to which you are drawn.
Crystals and Reiki make a great combination. Always ask that the highest frequency possible come through without doing any harm. This allows the energy to flow at a rate that works for your recipient. It is vital that both the practitioner and the client be well-grounded during a Crystal Healing Session. The ego and personality need to be set completely aside. Be alert to the client and observant of their energy. Follow their breathing patterns. To remain grounded, wear stones such as hematite, garnet, tiger’s eye, black onyx and black tourmaline. Exercising the physical body is also beneficial for grounding.
To determine which stones/crystals to use, see which you are drawn to. Make sure that each piece is naturally formed (as opposed to human-made). Those labeled Austrian, Lead Crystal, or Swarovski lack the channeling abilities required for Crystal Healing. Sometimes crystals will come to live you in surprising ways. They may be gifted to you or you find them in unexpected places. You feel a sense of recognition with your crystal as you would when connecting with a potential family pet.
Keep a new stone/crystal with you as much as possible for a week. Place it next to your bed when you sleep at night. Wear it on you during the day. Pay attention to your moods, your interactions with others and your dreams. Ask, “What does this stone do?” Let your higher-self tell you. Here are some properties of gemstones.
- Amazonite – Improves self-worth; increases confidence
- Amber – Lifts heaviness, allowing happiness to come through
- Amethyst – Spiritual upliftment; calming and cleansing, put under pillow for nightmares or restless sleep; cleanses all other stones
- Apache tears – the “grief stone”; allows tears to be shed
- Aquamarine – To heal grief of the heart; open to love; gives feeling of peace; connects to ocean beings (use with Karuna Iava symbol)
- Aventurine – restores heart energy; relieves shyness; opens lungs
- Black Onyx – Helps one to change bad habits; grounding
- Calcite (white) – heals relationships (use with Karuna Harth symbol)
- Calcite (blue) – clears energy in room; grounding (use with Karuna Rama symbol)
- Carnelian – Balances creativity and mental processes; heals emotions
- Citrine – Upliftment; helps align the spine; good money stone
- Clear quartz – connects to source energy; all purpose crystal; put on computer screens, microwaves and tv’s to balance EMFs’; amplifies inner light
- Coral – Protects and strengthens one’s emotional foundation; woman’s stone; regulates blood and spleen; aids menstruation
- Diamond – Increases personal clarity; connect with higher-self
- Elestial quartz (smoky) – good for 3rd eye (use with Karuna Zonar symbol)
- Emerald – Strong physical and emotional healing
- Fresh Water Pearl – Enables one to accept love; self-love
- Garnet – grounding; increases fertility; heightens sexuality (use with Karuna Rama symbol)
- Gold – Master healer; radiates energy of the sun; masculine
- Green Fluorite – Hormonal balancer; aids PMS and menopause
- Hematite – returns negative energy through its reflection; grounding; physical healing (tape to muscles); reduce insomnia
- Herkimer diamond – assists in attuning to divine will
- Jade – Relaxation; calmness; opens heart; muscle tension
- Jasper (green, red & yellow) – reclaim power; nurturing stone
- Kunzite (pink) – Emotional support; love without fear; unconditional love (use with Karuna Shanti symbol)
- Labradorite – Assists in discovering your destiny and provides clarity of inner insight. Descended from other galaxies and connects the wizard within.
- Lapis Lazuli – Understand the mind; expand your viewpoint; speak your truth
- Malachite – Harmony; birthing stone; opens heart; self-awareness
- Moldavite – Strong grounding; assists in communicating with whales, dolphins and star people
- Moonstone (white) – Balances yin/yang; reduces water retention; protects travelers; increases energy at full moon (cleanse stone then)
- Moss Agate – Get in touch with nature; plant knowledge
- Mother of Pearl – Protection; know mother’s love
- Opal – See possibilities; discover a broader view
- Pearl (fresh water) – accept love; see good parts of yourself
- Peridot – Brings the energies from the aura into the physical body; useful after energy work; focus on bringing in vitalized energy
- Pyrite (iron) – reflects negative energy; good for children; enhances brain; strengthens field and grounds divine light within
- Rainbow Fluorite – Assists in changes; removes old habits; clears head
- Rose Quartz – Emotional balance; balancing the heart; calms restless child
- Rhodonite – Emotional support; helps one take the next step
- Rhodocrosite – Gives one confidence while making desired changes (use with Karuna Halu symbol)
- Ruby – Love; opens the heart
- Sapphire – Mental clarity; clear mental garbage
- Selenite – Enables access to information from the Pleiades. Heals negativity and fears, and cleanses other stones.
- Silver – receptive; meditation; feminine
- Smokey Quartz – emotional balancer; transmutes negative
- Sodalite – Protection; reduces EMF produced from computers, tv’s & micros
- Sugelite – connects to your spirit; 3rd eyestones; protects empaths
- Sunstone – Enhances contemplation; great for meditating and dreaming
- Tanzanite – Changes mental views; goal planning
- Tiger’s eye (yellow) – Gives you energy; grounds psychic energy; promotes clairvoyance; attracts money; balances mind
- Tiger’s eye (blue) – Manifest dreams; gives support during hard times; remove old layers (use with Karuna Kriya symbol)
- Tourmaline (black) – grounding; protection
- Tourmaline (green) – Money stone; promotes male balance and physical healing
- Tourmaline (pink) – allows ability to receive love; good for over givers (especially women); promotes female balance and protection; will change colors in light
- Tourmaline (watermelon) – lucky for artists; brings on the inner muse; balances yin/yang ; attracts love; calms 3rd eye; (use with Karuna Shanti symbol)
- Turquoise – protection stone; tones organs; strengthens communication
- Zoisite – connects to higher mind (use with Elestial Quartz and Karuna Gnosa symbol)
Always cleanse your gemstones! Immerse in salt and water overnight, or let them sit out in the full moon light or in the light of the sun. See Heal Yourself with Crystals for more. Note: Selenite should not be immersed in water; and amethyst can fade in the sun. Use your intuition.